Friday, November 19, 2010

Meet Kak Shida


My nephew (Fayyadh) with his beloved teacher Ustazah Murshida

Assalamualaikum….

Alhamdulillah, semalam saya berkesempatan untuk beraya di rumah someone yang meaningful to my life. One of my turning point. It was about last four years, in the early year 2007. Soon after finished my study and waiting for secure job that suit my degree, I was applied for work in an Islamic private school in Kota Bharu. There, I met her. She was the headmistress at that school. She is the one who taught me on the good akhlak (behavior) of a muslimah, she is the one who taught me to live in a modesty life, she who taught me to be firm, patient and happy.
She is also the one that asked me to wear proper hijab, not the transparent one and not too short one. I followed her order but not with really sincere heart. After school, I was back to my old type hijab. However, I really like that school, I really felt peaceful when I was there. About 6-7 months there, I left that school for another job and in the early 2008, I came to Miri to work with multinational oil and gas company.

Everybody gather together
Years went by……I kept finding what I want in my life, I kept finding my identity, I kept thinking on the lesson that I learnt in that school. Alhamdulillah, three years after leaving the school, I’m ready to change with sincere heart. It was a long process of tarbiyah. That school not only taught its students, but it’s also taught its teachers.

Yesterday, I learnt another lesson from my visit to her house. To make us happy, it is not necessary for us to have the best thing in our life (best house, best car, best this and that). She, with her modest house still can greet us with her best. She cooked the best meal for us, finding mattress for my nephew when she found my nephew has been slept while waiting us talking. She prepared the prayer mat and prayer clothes for me and my nephew for Maghrib prayer. Her behavior make me learnt many things. Before this, I always said to cook the best meal, I need the best kitchen. To make me give to others, I need a lot of money. But, I want to ask you all, how many of us cook the best meal for our guest although we have the best kitchen? How many of us give to others although our salary is a lot? One tazkirah to myself, stop complaining and be qanaah (Feel grateful of what I have).

 

Myself and Kak Shida
(p/s: Hope meet her again in future although she will move to Sikh, Kedah in March next year)

No comments:

Post a Comment