Friday, September 24, 2010

It's must be beyond than that....

Assalamualaikum....

Last two days, there was someone came to our office give leadership talk. This guy is someone important in the company and he is already work for the company for 30 years. His talk/speech is very inspiring me....There were a lot of lesson learnt that I can take for his speech. The way his presenting his speech also very casual, relax and engaging.

It's motivated me. One point that I want to highlight here is your vision working in the company must be beyond than I want to make a living for my family or I want to mencari rezeki yang halal. He reminded me the things that I recently forgot which is our vision of working must be beyond than that. We must set a vision like I want to improve myself, I want to improve my family or I want to improve the company.

Relates that three vision to myself.

  1. Yes, vision no 1 - I want to improve myself. I want to be a competent Electrical Engineer that can contributes to society and ummah. Lately, I a little bit demotivated due to my hardtime at offshore during construction activities of one project. But, his speech raise back my enthusiasm level. When other people or my inner feeling said it is not good for woman working at offshore, ignore it. My true mission is not working in offshore or plant but it is beyond than that. If I'm not going to site, how I want to develop myself as competent engineer? I need to be patient and passion.

  2. Vision no. 2 also true for myself - I want to improve my family. Yes, I want to develop a better life for my family. Better house, better mindset and better culture. I want all my younger brothers, nephews and nieces grow up with knowledge and good behaviour.

  3. Vision no. 3 - I want to improve the company. Yes, it is there in my internal feeling, however, for the time being, practically I feel a little bit difficult to do this as I'm still new-less experience and knowledge. May be I already done it but I didn't realize it.....Hmmm...may be by doing cost saving by challenging the over specification given  by supplier. I'm working in one more project right now which is developing load list and power study for one of the offshore platform. I'm doing it in-house without engaging consultant. However, I'm a little bit worry of unable to complete it because I do not really know how to use the software (SKM). Hihihi....hopefully, I can do that....
Last two words that I caught from him "Benchmark yourself against the best of the best and Inspires Yourself 1st Before You Want to Inspire Others"....Wow!!!Amazing.

I'm in Shah Alam now, having UPS FAT this morning at factory. I will be back tonight and enjoy my weekends in Miri. This weekends, I have a few apppoinments beraya (Celebrate Eid) in Ina's house, beraya di rumah Kunaz, beraya together with my IKRAM's friend. IKRAM is a NGO, it is not my boyfiend...hehe and usrah. That why I cannot spend my time with my sister's family and my friend in KL.

No comments:

Post a Comment